ACCESS STATEMENT FOR BANK COTTAGE
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our home based 4 bedroom bed and breakfast.
The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
- Visitors arrive on the Isles of Scilly either by small plane or passenger ferry to St. Mary’s (the main island) and there are regular boat services running to all the off islands (approximately 3 miles away)
- All visitors are met by car at the Quay on Bryher and brought to the door of Bank Cottage.
- Assistance with luggage is always offered to all guests.
- There is a 2 x 10 cm step into the entrance porch and a 10 cm step into the hall with kitchen on left, dining room straight ahead and double bedroom to the right.
- Guide and hearing dogs are welcome.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Guests are escorted to rooms and facilities explained.
- Main entrance has 11 steps leading to 3 bedrooms on first floor with hand rail and neutral décor.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
- Guests dining room has short pile carpet and dado rail with one 13 cm step leading down into guests lounge.
- Guests lounge has short pile carpet, with french sliding doors and threshold leading on to guests terrace.
Dining Room and Lounge
- Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor. All tables are 65 cm high, 8 chairs without arms and can all be moved.
- All four bedrooms have secure lockable doors, short pile carpet and tiled bathrooms.
- Double bedded room is on the ground floor with a 20 cm step down into the room. En suite bathroom.
- Becky’s room is on the first floor with an 18 cm step down into the room. It has 2 steps 13 cm each leading to outward opening french door on to a balcony.
- Harry’s room has a washbasin and vanity unit 78 cm high cupboard underneath in the room. Private bathroom is 322 cm along hall.
Bathroom, shower room and WC (En suite or private)
- All 4 bathrooms have tiled floors.
- Double en suite – ground floor 165 cm x 165 cm tiled, door opens outwards 65 cm width. Electric shower 13 cm step into shower. Washbasin has tiled underspace 76 cm high. Toilet 22 cm either side, 41 cm high.
- Harry’s private bathroom – 1st Floor – 190 cm - 160 cm sliding door x 67 cm, step to shower 16 cm. Washbasin free underspace 78 cm high. Toilet 32 cm at each side, 40 cm high.
- Greg’s room en suite – 1st Floor - 185 cm x 158 cm. Door opens inwards 77 cm wide. Electric shower 16 cm step. Wash basin free space underneath 80 cm high. Toilet 35 cm to left, 25 cm to right, 40 cm high.
- Becky’s room en suite – 1st floor – 148 cm x 225 cm, door opens inwards 69 cm wide. Electric shower, step 38 cm, handrail to left of shower. Washbasin free space underneath 79 cm high. Toilet 13 cm free space to right, 43 cm high.
Self Catering Kitchen
- Ground floor, tiled floor. T shaped layout 212 cm x 94 cm extending to 228 cm at widest point.
Grounds and Gardens
- There is a paved terrace with 2 tables and 9 chairs with 4 steps down 15 cm each to small lawned terrace with 2 chairs and 1 table. Five steps 15 cm each to large level lawn. Six steps 15 cm each to a large paved pond area.